What I learned this week
- A lot of publications don’t like fables.
- A lot of publications are dead and inactive.
- There aren’t many horror mags/journals.
- Body horror has no market, apparently.
- Publishing is damn hard.
- Self-publishing is looking really good right now.
That is all.
What’s body horror?
Where a specific body part or appendage is the source of the horror. It’s like a branch off of psychological horror.
I have noticed a disappearance of markets but that has been going on for a while. Finding anthologies to submit to has been another market option. But in the end self publishing is one of the best options.
True that. I love that there is so much more freedom to do so… I’m a little late to the party, though. 😛